Well, that was quite a year! While people around the world lost physical access to libraries, universities and museums, it was heartening to see the digital collections of these institutions enjoy a surge in numbers. As a silver lining, the access digital archives allow to historical resources is perhaps appreciated now more than ever.
Despite the challenges of 2020, this year we've been privileged to play a part in bringing some wonderful new digital collections to audiences around the world, all from our HQ here in New Zealand. We've also grown our team to keep up with demand, added several new features to Veridian and improved the environmental impact of our business.
A few of our 2020 highlights
- The launch of The National Library of Israel's Jewish Historical Press archive on Veridian. Read the case study.
- Welcoming two new Veridian Software Engineers, Ryan Hatherill and Wayne Sung to our team.
- Achieving Zero Carbon certification for our business. Here's how we did it
- Further refining Veridian software with new development and features. See what's new
- Hosting our very first webinar - How to build a digital collection: An essential guide. Watch it now
- Finding new ways to work despite the challenges of COVID19. See behind the scenes
What's in store for 2021?
- Continuing with upgrades so every Veridian collection can benefit from our continuous development.
- Working with the Yale University Library to migrate their archive of the Yale Daily News to Veridian.
- Enhancing Ulukau, the Hawaiian Electronic Library with our friends from the University of Hawaii.
- Staying connected with our customers and partners through virtual meet ups and webinars.
- Continuing our work helping organizations around the world to build beautiful digital collections.
Wishing you happy holidays!
We’re off for our Christmas barbeques from December 24th and will re-open on January 5th.
We hope you enjoy a relaxing break over the holidays. Stay safe, and we'll see you in January refreshed and ready for a great year ahead.
Until then, very best wishes from the Veridian team
Stefan, Michael, Jeffrey, Andrew, Richard, Pei, Shane, Ryan and Wayne.
New Zealand's Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern mans the barbeque at this years Waitangi Day commemorations. Photo by Dean Purcell (NZ Herald).