Summary of Veridian Services
Veridian software and services make it easy to digitize and provide online access to historic newspaper and archive collections.
Our vision is to help libraries and cultural heritage institutions to create online digital collections that are more than just static sets of content.
We make it easy to attract an audience to your collection; we create opportunities for that audience to engage with your content, with the library, and with each other.
We work with you to develop and maintain the collection over time.
Key Veridian Services
- Planning and scoping services for newspaper and archive digitization projects
- Scanning services, through carefully selected scanning partners
- Optical character recognition (OCR) services to produce industry-standard METS/ALTO digital objects
- Veridian Software for online discovery of digitized content
- Unique “patron engagement” features like User Text Correction
- Robust hosting services for online digital collections of any size
- Ongoing support throughout the project lifecycle
- Long-term digital preservation solutions
Simply digitizing material and putting it online is no longer enough!
We believe 21st century libraries want their patrons to take full advantage of the work that goes into digitizing, preserving, and making digital collections available online.
Veridian is unique in its ability to attract an audience to digital collections.
Innovative features including User Text Correction, tags, comments, and private lists encourage people to actively engage with those collections.
The Veridian Difference
Our job is to ensure that libraries can convert physical collections from paper or microfilm to a suitable online digital format efficiently and cost effectively, without compromise on quality, service, requirements, or outcome.
We help libraries unlock the value of historic collections by:
- Taking a long-term approach to nurturing and supporting online digital heritage collections
- Facilitating online community building between the library and its online patrons
- Providing standards-based, leading technology
- Partnering with best-in-class service providers
- Customizing solutions to suit specific requirements
- Ensuring digital collections can be easily discovered online
Building innovative systems to encouraging users to engage with digitized content.